Pottery Trimming Spinner
R155.00 – R621.00 R
Our handy Pottery Trimming Spinner is a great tool for any ceramic artist! This simple and genius little tool helps stabilize your piece and disperses downward pressure to keep thin-walled pieces from collapsing. The coloured lines on the spinner also make convenient division hash marks. It works perfectly in conjunction with our sticky bats and sticky pads too!
- No moving parts
- Foam rubber backing grips the spinner to a piece being trimmed on a wheel
- Use your dominant hand for trimming, then place a finger of your other hand in the spinner’s concave centre, helping to stabilize the piece
- String or fishing line looped through the centre hole can extend to mark lines on a piece instead of using a laser
- The trimming Spinner is 48 mm (~2”) in diameter with a 6 mm (1/4″) hole in the centre. Hash marks provide five options for equidistant divisions.
- Trimming Spinner XS is 31 mm (~1.25”) in diameter with a 6 mm (1/4″) hole in the centre. Hash marks provide seven options for equidistant division.
- Trimming Spinner XL is 75 mm (~3”) in diameter with a 6 mm (1/4″) hole in the centre. Hash marks provide guides with every 10 degrees around, with 10 options for equidistant dividers.
- Makes trimming quicker and easier
- Coloured division lines provide quick reference marking
- Use in conjunction with our sticky bats and sticky pads
- Provides a wider area to disperse downward pressure
- Helps keep thin-walled pieces from collapsing
- Allows trimming hand to be stabilized by the other hand
- Rubber grip works better than a bottle cap or credit card
- Made in the USA
- Keep gentle downward pressure while the piece is turning
- Use all safety precautions
- Keep out of the reach of children
Photo’s courtesy of DiamondCore® Tools